Basil Pesto Pasta
with Grilled Chicken Breast
As we start the New Year and winter nights are here to stay, we’re craving for a comfort food that’s healthy, big in flavor & at the same time filling.I always prepare this pasta during summer time because of the abundant supply of fresh sweet basil from my vegetable garden. But if I crave for pesto pasta during winter time, I just need to look for a good pesto in my favorite grocery. I use 2 brands of pesto sauce here to maximize the flavor & also preferred these brands because of great flavor & price.
Prep/Cook Time: 22 mins.
2 boxes (1 lb.) Barilla Penne or Linguini
1 bag (22 oz.) Tyson Grilled & Ready fully cooked chicken breast strips
1 cup of Swanson Chicken Stock (reduced salt)
1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 pack (7 oz) Buitoni Pesto With Basil
2 jars (10 oz) Classico Traditional Basil Sauce And Spread
- Cook pasta as directed but under cook it for 2 mins. Set aside.
- Sauté fully defrosted chicken breast in olive oil in medium/high heat (around 8 mins)
- Add pesto sauce & sauté more for 5 mins.
- Add cooked pasta & mix to coat evenly the pasta with pesto.
- Add chicken stock. Mix well. Cover. Cook for additional 2 mins.
- Serve warm, topped with shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with slightly toasted pine nuts (optional).